View Single Post
      11-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by infrno4
ok guys, I was havin the same problem as everyone else, well most at least with the AFE stuttering and not performing. I did everything, reset battery numerous times, unplugged sensor and more. Today I went to go install my stock and when I was loosing the clamp on the actual filter (AFE), I noticed it was really loose. I tightened it back up and it turned a lot more than it took to loosen it. So I made it nice and snug, as tight as I could, tightened the other 2 clamps near throttle body, they too were loose. I know when I installed it they were tight. What happens is the heat from the engine causes the rubber to expand then contract smaller than original size, you do this a bunch of times and your clamp gets quite loose and you have an air leak. I was having this problem from the very start after install, so I think it just didnt mold right causing a slight air leak to begin with. It works great now, no stuttering, very smooth, and much more low end torque then before. Check it out if havin this problem.
I hope you weren't breathing in crap into your intake/cylinder chambers
That'll cost you in the longrun
Appreciate 0