Thread: CIC HDD to SSD
View Single Post
      08-30-2015, 09:19 AM   #41
Snoopy Singh
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E92 335D

Quote:
Paragon works. Try a secure erase with hdderase and start from scratch.
Thanks for the tips, so it seems paragon does work. Not really sure whats going on.

Hdderase utility didn't load at all with more than 2gb ram. I tried with 2gb ram and 32bit os with both ide and ahci mode in bios and when the utility did finally load up, it never saw the zheino drive or any other drive for that matter. All I got was P0 None and P1 None.

I then used HD Tune Pro utility which did see the drive, and used the erase function to zero fill the zheino ssd.

After erasing, I left the jumper plugged into the zheino drive when I cloned (still using hdd raw copy in paragon) and then removed it when I slid it into the cic unit. After reconnecting the car battery and starting up, then reseting the cic through the mute button, everything was working fine. With a huge smile on my face, I proceeded to put the system through its paces with selecting guidance options, zooming in and out on the map scale etc to ensure that the system integrity was intact.

Relieved that the task was now complete, after a few minutes of the system running, I got a red screen on the cic display and the system rebooted and came back online only to have the nav option greyed out again

Turned the car off and restarted it again after 10mins and now everything is back to normal again. I suppose time will tell, I will let the car sleep overnight and see what hapens when I return to it in the morning. I read that another member installed an ssd and it worked for a few days and then it didn't, so I'm still not confident about the whole thing.

I'm not sure if it was the erasing of the zheino or leaving the jumper connected to it the second time around when cloning that cured the problem, I just hope that in the morning the system is still working.

Thanks for the help folks
Appreciate 0