Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzer View Post
Yes, not the Ceratec oil additive. The engine flush. You could use Ceratec, but I never do. Liqui Moly generally has really good additives already integrated into their oils, especially in their products like Molygen which is what I use. Most of the time, any additives are not needed when using a Liqui Moly oil, I would say.

Right before you service the oil, put 1-2 cans of the Proline engine flush (should be 1.5ish, but two doesn't hurt, i do two) into the oil fill on top of the engine. Then drive the car just lightly around the neighborhood for about 10-15 minutes or just let the engine idle.

Then after the 10-15 minutes, do the oil service right away and drain the old stuff. In your scenario I would do it for the next 4 oil services, then every 4th oil service for the rest of your ownership. Then stick to the same weight/viscosity(I would also say brand because I'm a stickler) of oil from there on out.

Generally the engine flush product for Liquid Moly is for buildup after getting a car that hasn't been maintained properly, or if you are changing the type or specs of oil in your car. Their recommended interval for using it under normal conditions is about every 4th oil service I believe.
I dont know how I feel about flushing the engine.

Some say it can mess with the gaskets and oil seals. Some say it does absolutely nothing.

I used Ceratech like 1 year ago. Haven't noticed a difference. But, I have gotten a UOA either. I use LM 5w-40 the purple bottle which from my knowledge doesn't have a lot of Ceratech or MO2 as the Molygen does.
Appreciate 0