View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #50
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
Sigh... Not here to argue? This whole thread is a mess because of you.

Bigger radiator + bigger oil cooler is bigger than two oil cooler... Why? Because you can shed more heat by fully utilizing both systems. That's misinformation? Lol please, how about you actually answer the questions I raised in my previous reply.

If that's too hard for you to understand. You are either just stubborn as hell or just not too bright to begin with.
Ok so now you're saying you need both. Are you also saying a radiator alone won't do it? Because that is exactly what I'm saying too. This is genius.

I don't need to explain it. You can interpret the data for yourself.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LQG8vUnm_oMdMA

That will answer your questions on wat makes the n55 engine design different.

Now answer my question why during hard driving I was able to drop coolant temps 30f with the heater core yet oil still hovered right around the same temp. I'm serious. Please provide some kind of explanation because it's throwing a pretty big kink into me wanting to believe a radiator is going to cure oil temps from rising on track. I in fact was able to do so with nothing more than distilled water and a 26 row oil cooler.

Quote:
What data do you want? Coolant triggers limp mode before oil does? You can just do a simple search yourself and see how many reports seeing limp mode before oil temp hits 300F...
literally every single one of the threads where people claim they are "overheating" on track ends with them not even knowing how to check coolant temps. Some of them were even looking at their oil gauge! Just about all of them weren't even hitting full limp. Rather, these people were experiencing engine torque reduction due to either brake discs overheating (solved via coding) or engine oil exceeding 270f (engine torque reduction). You need some better data.

Quote:
I know radiator mods help more than oil cooler from my own experience... I never go over 270F with just a relatively small single core Dinan oil cooler on my FBO 6AT.
These things arent rockets science... you spent 1500 on a "relatively small" Dinan cooler, which is actually pretty big as it doubles the stock cooling capacity of the oil cooler, and you never go over 270f. 26 rows is about all that fits and you're running a 23 row oil cooler. At least a 19 row is recommended... are you still going to stick to your guns and say you're not going over 270f because of your radiator?

Specifications Total Volume Stock: 9.5 oz. / Total Volume Dinan: 19 oz.
Stock Surface Area: 45 sq./in. / Dinan Surface Area: 67.5 sq./in.
Stock Cooling Tubes: 10 / Dinan Cooling Tubes: 23
Stock Tube Length: 90 in. / Dinan Tube Length: 207 in.
Stock Tube Area: 112.5 sq./in. / Dinan Tube Area: 414 sq./in.

Last edited by bNks334; 09-02-2016 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0