View Single Post
      05-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #50
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
I just flashed the A7610591.0da file for the N57 against all odds .
First test drive really felt a difference. It seemed to shift earlier and quicker somehow.
Unfortunately, my butt-dyno tricked me - the data doesn't really support that:

At least I'm getting better on the steady foot. And I took some screenshots of the flashing process, so hang in there for a tutorial.
The 30% graph is the best for comparison. Very steady foot, now it just needs an offset calibration.

There's no hope for the butt-dyno. The original shifts are quicker, based on SA duration. Mik, the timescales are in sync, right? I see the speeds (trans out) seem to match pretty close.

We do not know for sure if the "load axis" on the cal maps are throttle, MAF, MAP or some other proxy for load. We are taking a guess at throttle, but on a turbocharged engine that's a bigger risk. Unless we get some additional info, I'm thinking we need to add those to the logs. To keep from extending the sampling period, we would need to take something out. It is pretty easy to see the gear changes from the turbine speeds, so the "gear" parameter could go. Similarly, throttle% and torque are highly correlated. At some point, torque is affected by gear changes, but not the other way around.
Appreciate 0