View Single Post
      01-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #7
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

I put my stock intake back on and took some measurements:

fallout pre war military

So with the stock intake on now I’m seeing a big change in the short term fuel trims. Like -25% at idle. This means the ecu is finding the engine running very rich at idle now and its and instantly cutting back on fuel. (25% reduction in fueling at idle seems a lot I never saw a negative number anything like that with the AFE intake.)

With the AFE intake the short term fuel trims were between 0 to positive 10% at idle, with AFE ECU felt the engine was running lean and was adding extra fuel.

So this may be premature but I think maybe the intake was the issue? I think the long term fuel trims will need to relearn over time now with the stock intake. As I see it now the ECU is significantly cutting fueling back on the short term trims at idle.

Also I noticed at idle the maf flow rates are different. I think maybe the AFE intake has a larger diameter maf area and more air gets by than with the stock MAF area.

If both those sample above were taken at the same rpms (they were) shouldn’t the maf flow rates be the same cause the engine is pulling the same amount of air on both samples? I think maybe a larger flow than the ecu believes goes into the engine with the AFE and then the ecu detects lean and adds a bunch of fuel.

Last edited by Biginboca; 01-12-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wurx7.50