09-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #514
Mr3
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
I just got back about 40 minute ago (1500 miles round trip) and had a blast of a time. The weather even cooperated although it did appear it wasn't going to on Saturday. It was bucketfuls coming past Bonn. The track was closed even before it opened for the tourists but I got my free lap in on Saturday, thanks to Magic77.

Sunday was excellent weather in the morning but turned cool in the afternoon with a threat of rain that never really started; had to use the intermittent windscreen wipers on one lap. I thought I did well in remembering most of the turns but still got caught out on some. And, I passed a GT-R! OK, the lap I passed him on he didn't finish and he was on the side on my next lap. I think he blew his engine and was carted off. There was also a Sierra Cosworth with a definite blown engine spewing blue smoke all through the paddock.

Ran across a couple of Americans. One was there with his bike. I offered him a passenger lap before he took off on his maiden lap with his bike but he declined. He did take two later and said he was on the edge of his seat throughout. He also commented on how well the car stuck to the track.

While my laps weren't any threat to the track record I did enjoy the speed. I'll have to review the lap videos once I figure out how to download them. I know my top speed on one lap was at least 110mph which is good for me.

Three 'ring trips, 30 laps. I should have done more yesterday.

Carl, I went by myself. It was so boring.
Coming back in one piece is always good.
Give me a shout before you go again, might be able to give you a few pointers.
Appreciate 0