03-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #293
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
Update:
Smelled burning plastic/rubber with HVAC on in recirc mode, so BMW told me to park the car and gave me a rental. The only rental car available when I got to Enterprise was a Nissan Versa Note (109hp, CVT tranny), literally the worst car I've ever driven, but it got good mileage. I had my son line up at a red light in my 189k-mile 97 Saturn SL1 (SOHC) and we were dead even thru 35MPH. I could've requested something else at a different date/time but figured I'd torture myself and be that much more happy when the BMW was fixed.

Fremont BMW called late last Friday and told me the part was in, so I took it down there Monday and had it done in less than 4hrs total. No more speeding up or slowing down of the blower motor and no smells, so I guess it's fixed.
This made me laugh....my buddy bought a CPO for his daughter who just got her license (I am of the camp, who said a kid turns 16 and they get their own car, they have no clue what happens to the insurance with just them and no car added).

This was brilliant though, get her a car, where she'd rather get a ride with a friend, rather than drive or be seen in her own car! (also sad because if someone gave me that car in HS I'd take great care of it or any car for that matter).

Maybe I should check if parts are available, my car has been in my garage, I don't drive it in the winter anyway...
Appreciate 0