View Single Post
      10-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

Hiring a car abroad

What's the crack with hiring a car abroad?
I've never done it before but I'm looking to go to the Spanish Motogp in May next year and was going to fly to Seville and get a car from the airport. I've done a bit of research but it just looks like a complete mine field! I going to need a car for four days and I've looked online through various different sites and seen prices varying wildly - £45 up to around £150 for the same type of small car! What's that all about?
When it comes to insurance I seem to be reading everywhere to avoid the enhanced policy offered by the hire firm and sort my own out, which can be had for around £2-3 per day.
Also when booking a car what do you put for the pick up time if your flight is due in at say 15:00? Would you put the time of flight or put it at around half an hour later?
Same thing when dropping it off. If your flight is due to leave at say 17:00 would you put the time at 17:00 or would you put it a few hours before due to the fact you have to be at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight is due to depart?

I've probably put some very stupid questions in here, but like I've said, I've never done it before and as it seems like a complete and utter mine field with endless potential hidden charges, its all a little daunting and I don't want to get it wrong!

I have been reading up on this but any help and advice from any of you who have actually done it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Nick.
Appreciate 0