11-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #754
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
It's probably still going to over heat since I have the OEM thermostat. The thermostat is the key. I have seen what increasing the core surface area does, as I retrofitted the AR oil cooler first, and then added the OEM. all the ER one will do is by some more time. As long as you are driving as hard as I am, you will over heat this thing, its just a matter of time. I'm ok, now, but by the end of a 30 minute session, I am already at 280F, especially if I'm paddle shifting, then it happens much sooner.

I would love to get a GTR, so my skill can continue to improve, but used car prices are rediculous right now. 70K for an '09? With that weak tranny? Corvettes are similarly over priced too.
With the ER OC oil temps are consistently below 130°C on my car, even when tracking in hot summer temps. Much better then with stock + AR OC.

In my case water temps have become the culprit. So I will now add the Performance Power Kit radiator to "buy some time" on the track. I'll see how much this helps next spring/summer.

Yes, overheating the tranny seems to be a common problem on the GTR. And having no warranty when tracking a GTR may get real expensive...
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0