Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob GTI View Post
Hi I've got a few q's

How long did the install take? Did you get the ipod connector routed through to the armrest?, are there any guides for remvoing the trim, what about the power where did you tap into?

I may have a go with mine tonight if its not too cold out.

Cheers,

Rob

At least I'll have a bit less wiring as I've got a cd changer.
About 15-20mins.

The lead from the Dension to the ipod is short, around 50cm which of course won't reach the armrest. The USB cable might reach though.. I've put my ipod in the back where the side opening is for the first aid kit.

Because you have a CDC the plug going into this will have your optic fibres and power. Its all in 1 plug but there acutally 3 pieces to it. So assuming your using the CDC you will need to tap into the power wire. If not then read below.

The main housing then 1 connector for power with a red/black and brown wire (+12 & -ve respectivley) and then your fibre optics. These can all be removes from the main housing/block. You will see there are tounges which clip them in so you can remove them. This is what I had due to the fact my car has no CDC. So all you will need to do is tap into the existing cable powering your CDC. Splice it or solder/heatshrink to power it up.

Removing the trim.. Fold the seat down, get your fingers slipped through the side and a give it a gentle tug at the top so it comes out from where the seat belt retracts in, then you should be able to lift it out.. albiet with marginal force

Confirmation of the ipod working prior to coding - the ipod should charge and show dension on the screen. Obviously if you get a error/fault then the MOST connection has been done incorrectly.
Appreciate 0