09-08-2019, 01:23 AM   #20
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupes33 View Post
I ran a set of RB Classic turbos for 30,000kms with no issues or smoke. There was plenty of wear in the shafts when I replaced them and they required a rebuild but on BP Ultimate 98 , they produced 289kw and ran 12.1s. I only ran OEM outlets and got down to 11.2s so I wouldn't recommend wasting money on outlets unless you are going large turbos and want to produce 400+kw. Rob Beck has stated on a number of forums that larger outlets give no advantage over OEM outlets up to 600hp. OEM turbos with some percentage of E85 will give you 300kw but you would be better having a set of slightly larger turbos running 98 as Dr Jekyl has installed. At low boost levels of around 20psi, these will last a long period if installed correctly and running on 98 avoids the fueling issues associated with E85 i.e. larger LPFP, mixing fuels, stress on HPFP.
All valid points Coupes,
Was leaning towards the billets as they had improvements made to them over OEM but still spooled like OEM. I would be buying a LPFP if I went this route and run some E85, there is a United 5 mins from my place that sells it so its wouldn't be inconvenient. I guess with a low enough concentration (E30) the HPFP wouldn't be that stressed. I've read that a lot that guys run E30 without upgraded LPFP and seem to be ok, though obviously over time things will wear out eventually.