Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
wow, quite a lot to do.

I would get it all dfone at Darren Woods... save up a bit on the London prices! But then again, its about 3/4 hours to get there! At least you know your car is in safe hands though.
A little far for me mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
gie0320 on EvoTechnik can offer advice or assistance if you want to get this work done yourself.

BWchiptune can do you the service relatively cheaply if you want it done for you by a proper garage
Bw may be doing my tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
No problem man.

Labour charges came to £250. That included fitting 4 new tyres as well though I think.

Brake fluid and Coolant wasn't specified by brand, but it should be BMW fluids for both.

£25 for the anti freeze and £16 for the Dot 4 brake fluid.

Power steering fluid wasn't specified by brand either, only the type.
CHF11S power steering fluid. £23

For the diff oil, Castrol Synchro X 75W-90 was used which I don't think exists under that name now. It would be a Castrol 75W-90 oil for non limited slip differentials. I think some people over in the US use 75W-140 but their cars run a lot hotter in their climate. It's up to you on that one really.
Cost on the diff oil was £26

Castrol Syntrans 75W Manual gearbox oil was used for my transmission for anyone else that may be interested. £36

All prices exclude VAT.

Maybe around the £450 mark for parts & labour with VAT.
Very helpful mate. I will source my own fluids I think!
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil200tdi View Post
Items to consider:

Intake valve cleaning
All vacuum lines
Valve cover gasket
Upgrade to Rob Beck PCV
Oil catch can (BMS)
Valve cleaning will need to be done soon I think. But I just want to refresh these areas firt and see how she's running

Vacuum lines... Really necessary?

I may have my valve cover gasket done t the sme time as my oil filter gasket.
Thanks for the reminder

What is a Ron beck pcv mate?

Oil catch can is definitely not necessary for me I don't think. I know a few who have them and there is never any oil being caught
Appreciate 0