06-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #287
gtp900
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D, 2015 35d mspor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=63

The quick summary is if I do a multi gear moderate acceleration with just enough boost to get the water injection to kick in and stay going through multiple gear shifts (the mid/low level boost and rpm shift points are important) the DDE seems to get confused on what the "system" is doing and goes into this interesting "mode" of operation until the next key cycle, where behavior returns to stock. It does set a "pending code", but no light.

Not sure if this was how stevers314 got his to trigger or not? Also curious, are you injecting pre IAT sensor? I am, and thought the quick and significant change in IAT's, as measured with the Bav Tech tool, when injection kicked in might have had something to do with getting into the mode. But I no longer have EGR, so didn't get a chance to pursue that line of thought further.
Yes I'm injecting pre IAT, currently I am only running one injector, but plan to add a second smaller nossel to come on at lower boost levels. I am not a beliver in the "progressive" pump, at least not with a 625cc injector.... (I am noticing quech right away when I try to take advantage of this feature) It may work better with a smaller nossel?
Appreciate 0