CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I used to stick with a particular brand of gas until gas prices creeped up and I tried a few "off brands". To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed any difference in performance.

Back when I lived in Atlanta, I used Chevron gas, but I tried Quicktrip (the cheapest gas in the area) and my car ran just as good. After looking at that Top Tier gas page, it looks like both brands are recommended.

Now that I am in the NYC/NJ area, I generally use Hess, simply because its cheaper. But I sometimes use Exxon and a few other random brands. I usually avoid Sunoco because they have misleading prices. They show a price on the sign for "premium", but when you get to the pump, its actually 91 octane. Then you have to pay an even higher price for the 93 octane (and some have an even higher level of 94 octane).

I will stick with the stations that have 93 for premium (although, the manual does say that 91 is acceptable).

Michael
Appreciate 0