11-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #291
Assari
Private
Russia
Rep
Drives: AW/SS F80 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
okay, you guys are going to think i'm stupid but i want to do the opposite of this DIY thread. I have the sun glass holder but it is always open, i.e no lid. My charging chord on my cell phone is a PITA and if i use the power port inside the console, i cannot close the lid. Trying to drive with the lid open is sort of dorky. I want the power port up in the ashtray area. Any chance someone wants to sell their removed ashtray complete with lighter socket. I'm considering just drilling a hole in my sunglass holder tray and adding the lighter assy only. That way i can have the best of both worlds. My 2011 E90 only has the one power port in the entire car in the console unless one of you guys can tell me where another is.
Hi guys. I want to do the opposite also. Got the part today from the local BMW dealer here in Finland and paid 67 euros (part number 51 16 7 132 380, includes everything needed). I have a few questions: My car is a 2008 335Xi with automatic transmission, so is the removal of the console the same as in manual and is there a socket already under the console to plug in the lighter or do I have to do any electrical wiring?

Thanks a lot guys!
Appreciate 0