View Single Post
      03-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

0-60 in 4.58s! XEDE-equipped 335i 0-60 & 1/4 mi. Timed with New Beltronics Vector FX1

First, let me just preface this by saying a few things...

edit -- these pics/times were from last week; my better 0-60mph time was from today...pics/info posted toward the bottom of the page!!!!

1. This was one of the first times I've timed my car with my new Beltronics Vector FX1 (not my bro's old G-Tech Timer that ppl thought was very inaccurate). These times were not done on a track but on the highway with my brand new, calibrated Beltronics Vector FX1. This easy-to-use timer should be very accurate as a few ppl on E90Post.com have said before, and I would agree with this.
2. Pushed the Traction Control button 1 time to turn Traction Control on.
3. Launched from ~ 1,400 rpm in M1, and continued through Manual mode using my Paddle Shifters.
4. Weather was near perfect -- sunny, dry conditions with temp ~ 80 degrees F.
5. I now have my bigger, wider, stickier Michelin PS2 tires (~34psi front/~36.5psi rear) on my M6 Rep wheels, and my traction is A LOT better than before with the oem stock RFT's...very little wheel slip/tire spin as I launch.
6. On my way to Orlando for a business trip, I decided to pull over on the highway to do a couple of timed runs. One thing to note is that on the right-side emergency shoulder lane, there were "cuts" in the road that help to slow the car down; so, as I began my launch, I drove over these "cuts" in the road and felt a bit of hop until I got out into the highway's right lane.

With all that said, I feel that these times aren't too bad for the quick test and indicative that I could probably get it down another 2-3 more 10th's faster.

Once I get my PROcede from Shiv and installed, I will do a few more timed runs to see what happens...I'm thinking, with the PROcede and a few decent launches on a straight, dry road, I should be ~ 4.4-4.5 sec. 0-60mph and 12.7-12.8 sec./trap ~ 109-110mph 1/4 mi???? Tell me what you think.
Attached Images

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 03-19-2007 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0