Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Corner Delete Mod for e90 - Part II

The CDM is complete! I now have AEO and functional turn signals!

So, here we go:

Parts needed:
1. Four (4) lengths of 16 gauge wire, the more you got the better
2. wire cutters/strippers
3. electric tape
4. Jack, jackstands, etc

Step 1. With your air filter housing still out, raise your front end. You can do one side at a time, or lift the entire front end at once. Remove the driver side front tire. You DO NOT have to remove the wheel well liner.

Once the wheel is off, you will be able to identify a wrapped set of wires coming into the wheel well from the back of the wheel well. Unwrap or cut into this bundle of wires. Identify the blue/yellow strip wire. This is the power supply wire from the sidemarker. Also identify the brown wire, which is your ground wire. Splice/quick-connect into these wires (one wire per wire). Pick a color for your power supply (i chose yellow) and a different color wire for your ground (mine is blue). You can pass these wirs into the engine bay thru the very evident opening. Once the wires are inthe engine bay, connect your ground wire to the ground wire (#4) in the headlight adapter. Connect the power supply to wire #12 that you had clipped in part I.

Now for the fun part...the passenger side. BMW engineers apparently don't believe in symmetry.

Take the passenger side tire off. In the wheel well you will see a plastic pipe entering from the engine bay into the wheel well. This pipe continues into the back the the wheel well and disappears. This is the pipe for the windshield washer fluid.

In the engine bay, identify this pipe. Through the hole that this pipe passes thru you can pass your two wires into the wheel well. At this point, connect your ground wire to wire #4, and your power supply to wire # 12 which you clipped earlier.

Now take the passenger side marker out and let it dangle. In the wheel well, take your two wires and, giving yourself some slack, pass them thru a small slot you will see at the very edge of the wheel well which is in direct line with the sidemarker. Just keep passing wire into this small slot and feeling for it with your finger in the sidemarker hole. Eventually you will feel it...then pull it thru. Connect the appropriate wires. In the wheel well, you can tuck the wires you've passed thru into the edge of the wheelwell and they will stay. This keeps the wires away from the tire.

Now...Put everything back together.

and have a beer and wait for it to get dark...

BTW: I'm still not responsible if you f*ck up and ruin your car.

Last edited by Chesmu; 01-28-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0