07-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1333
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I think a small black frame around the license plate looks better but that is just me.

I would contact BMWNA man.

Z just had new turbos put in and I don't hear him complaining about waste gate rattle. I am guessing they don't want to do the labor to adjust the wastegates or have to replace the turbos again.

For you guys who had your turbos replaced did you ask for the old beat up turbos back? Would they give them to you? Be nice to be able to send them out to get rebuilt by RB and not have down time. Just a thought.
They did wind up dropping the exhaust and motor and adjusting one of the turbos, but it made no perceptible difference for me. They claim they've tested the car and didn't hear anything, but also claim that BMW deems wastegate rattle under my scenarios to be acceptable. Even if it is "acceptable," it's kind of ridiculous that fixing a car means that it sounds worse than it used to when it was working.

I guess I'll try BMWNA, but I'm not hopeful given that they told me to shove it last time I contacted them.

And goddammit, I wish you had mentioned asking for the old turbos or I had thought of it sooner. Oh well.