View Single Post
      07-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #1336
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Unfortunately the only other remotely close dealership is one that's even worse. they flat-out refused an HPFP replacement for me in the past under the recall even after crank issues and keeping the car for four days. They're also the dealership that shattered a forum member's bumper, refused to replace it at first, and then returned the car with over 300 miles logged on it from a joyride.

The dealership is hiding behind this clause of the BMW service bulletin I dug up:
Quote:
A slight rattle noise is considered normal operation of the mechanical wastegate valve and is not a failure of the part. No repair should be attempted for this type of rattling complaint.

If the noise is described as a clanking noise occurring up to six or seven times in a row during a deceleration from approximately 3,500 RPM, or during a heavy application of the accelerator without a drive gear being engaged, then continue with the procedures described in this document.
My noise isn't a "clanking" but is instead a "slight rattle." Leave it to BMW to settle a lawsuit with a policy using highly subjective terms that give tons of room to deny repair requests...