10-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #9
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaissanceMan View Post
Looks like the electric water pump was dead. I used my INPA software to read the error codes and attempt cycle the pump on directly from the program. Still no movement. Got 2 error codes that indicated no communication with pump and pump speed probs. I also checked the voltage at the pump and all was normal, so I'm assuming no blown fuse. Also disconnected, cleaned, and reconnected the connector to pump.
That's not necessarily true. I was stupid and didn't disconnect the battery before replacing mine and ended up blowing a 50A DME fuse, forgetting that the pump is powered even when the car is off. I had the same "can't communicate with the pump" error and I was getting power to the pump connector (tested with a a voltmeter). So don't assume the new pump is bad, it can still be a fuse as it was in my case. The problem is there are multiple fuses. I'd tell you what ones to check but I have a 535i so the fuses are different. I never found the right fuse myself, ended up having it towed to my local indy who discovered which one had blown (one I hadn't thought to check, believe in the DME box).