Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlalee View Post
Meth hides it completely but e85 effects are post charge so the logs represent what the intercooler is doing but don't show the cooling effects of ethanol. Both make the heat dissipation less crucial compared to pump gas. Then their is the question of does it flow adequately. I was just pointing out its called "forced" induction. If you force it harder you can overcome the restrictions mentioned to a point. That point on oem style intercooler connectors is well over 400whp. That point for stock inlets seem to be about the same. People act like your stuck at 350whp if you utilize an intercooler with factory style connections. I think its safe to say the stock intercooler is generally underwhelming but just because the Mishimoto is only 5" and utilizes oem style couplers doesn't mean its only suitable for stock/no mods. Its not an oem replacement part, it is an actual upgrade.
I agree. I think when most run e85 flash the ait comp tables are suppressed significantly as they know how the e85 will burn and deal with the higher AITs.

I could be wrong.
Appreciate 0