View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #524
Kuokonut
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr231 View Post
I'm having some problems with inpa. I have the bimmergeaks cable and tried both the standard tools download from their site and the VM posted above.

I have the cable set to com 1. It shows the battery is on but ignition is off when the car is running. It still seems to be able to read some things from the DME, but i get occasional errors depending on what I'm doing. And i can't code the injectors. Could i have a bad cable?

I think the shop that did my injectors coded them wrong. When i go to the injectors page a bunch of the numbers are slightly off. Does that definitely show the numbers that were programmed in? Or will the DME adjust them slightly based on conditions or other sensors?

Could having the number off by .01 or .02 cause misfires? I've been dealing with misfires on cyl 2 for months. Replaced plugs, coils, injectors, and did Walnut blasting. When i pick it up it runs fine then after maybe 50-75 miles the misfire starts again and then gets progressively worse. Take it back they fix and repeat.
My numbers were also a bit off, ex. 222 being coded as 2.20. When i tried to change it to 2.22, it defaulted to 2.20 anyway.

On another note, this software and PDF instruction work with Win 10 x64! I followed the instructions to the letter, and was able to code immediately. Thank you Vasil!!!
Appreciate 1