View Single Post
      10-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #172
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Got my driver's side actuator replaced this afternoon, thanks to the DIY masters on this one. Man, what a project. Fairly simple, just a few little PITA things. Hardest part was getting the damn electrical wire clips out of the actuator housing I followed some of the other posters and left the window completely up. Unbolted the window track bar and bent it out of the way to barely get enough space for the actuator to come out. The non-threaded holes really threw me for a loop, but I used one of the bolts to tap it out before installing.

Now that I've got everything back together, the only big difference is that I can't manually push down the door lock knob when the door is open. Is that a safety of some sort so I don't lock myself out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaud98 View Post
I replaced the door lock actuator for the front passenger side door. I noticed when I shut that door, there's no "thud" (BMW door noise when shutting doors noise as the other 3 doors make. Is that normal? I replaced it with OEM BMW part. Everything is sitting flush
Same here on the driver's door. I have to close the door a bit harder to get it to close all the way and the loud thud is gone.
Appreciate 0