View Single Post
      07-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #89
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I've been on E90 Post for 12 years. I've written many an accolade on the E90 chassis. Here's another one...

So last night I went out to pick up some grub. I live out in a rural area (hence the go out to pick up food...). The road for last few miles to my house follows a river (and I live in the mountains) so it's pretty much a race track (lightly populated) just point-to-point. The only police present to keep your speed in check are the deer (and occasionally a cow or black bear). Anyway, I absolutely hammered my car up the last two miles to the house. Full throttle and threshold braking in the corners. Parked her totally wet and burning. I've been driving the car this way going on 12+ years. It's 280 miles away from reaching 350,000.

The E90 with the N52 absolutely is a tank. I don't over-maintain mine either. And it does see quite a bit of stop and go traffic.

I post info like this just to inform people who are considering an N52 E90 that you basically can't go wrong with buying one.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 08-20-2022 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 7
4 Doors1169.00
Nickco431457.50
lab_rat394.50
wdb4732.00