02-05-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
noshab
Enlisted Member
Kyrgyzstan
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325xi 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
The module may or may not fix your trifecta. There are a lot of things that can cause that. Many of them cheap and easy, some very expensive. It really depends on the shop diagnosing the problem correctly.

The misfires are a symptom of engine problems unrelated to the 4wd trifecta.

You need to figure out why it's doing what it's doing and correct the problems. There is a panopticon of things that can be causing the problems you're having.

I recommend buying a scan tool to see what the car is telling you about the problems. The foxwell scanners are very powerful tools and friendly enough for a beginner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
The module may or may not fix your trifecta. There are a lot of things that can cause that. Many of them cheap and easy, some very expensive. It really depends on the shop diagnosing the problem correctly.

The misfires are a symptom of engine problems unrelated to the 4wd trifecta.

You need to figure out why it's doing what it's doing and correct the problems. There is a panopticon of things that can be causing the problems you're having.

I recommend buying a scan tool to see what the car is telling you about the problems. The foxwell scanners are very powerful tools and friendly enough for a beginner.
What are the things you recommend i should try first in order to correct the trifecta ?