View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #7
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

I had a similar situation on the same exact Continental Extreme tires on my 2011 335i xDrive only thing was the inside wall didn't blow all the way out but had a crazy amount of premature wear right down to the steel cables. I took it to a tire shop because the tires were constantly losing pressure and the tire guys showed me the wear and told me that what happened to you would've eventually happened to me any day now. Glad I caught it in time. Pretty sure there may have been a bad batch of Continental Extreme tires because they are most celebrated tires on TireRack!

Another member suspected he had a similar tire blowout that lead to his near death accident where the front tire blew out causing the rim to break apart and sent his 2011 335i into a tree and ditch off the side of the highway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunxzNG View Post
I was driving on the freeway last night. All of the sudden I heard a loud pop, then the tire warning light came on.

Got it towed home. I checked my dash cam to see if I hit a pothole or something but didn’t see anything. Any ideal what could've caused this?

Rear passenger tire:
11k miles Continental extreme DWS 255/35 R18

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 12-02-2021 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0