View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #143
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Well, people are more generally going to list problems on a forum rather than things that have not failed on their cars. But I agree that these problems are fairly common on higher mileage cars or cars that live in more extreme environments but even then you likely won't have all of these problems.

Myself and my best friend have 2011 335i's with over 100k and really neither of us have had any of those issues except my buddy did have to replace his coils due to misfires at 90k or so and I have had to replace two coolant reservoirs but that is nothing new in South Texas as I have had to replace plastic coolant reservoirs on my past cars as well.

Hell I have never even heard of a control arm issue. I did replace my water pump at 75k but only because I was replacing coolant hoses that I thought looked brittle (and one I leaned on and broke). My buddy is over 100k on his stock water pump. Hell really aside from the coils, the only work he has needed, is a new clutch. I tend to do more preventative maintenance. But yeah it can get pricey if you are paying someone else to do the work.

Last edited by 9krpmrx8; 01-02-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0