View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #107
jbost002
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Estoril Blue

Thanks for the help and the DIY...did this today and everything seems to be in working order.

A couple of notes that I will make:
1) Don't forget to put shop towels down around the fuel lines - mine had a good bit left in there and it would have made a big mess if I hadn't planned for it.
2) ^^^see above for directions on how to get that tricky hose off the valve cover!
3) Didn't need to replace bolts NOR valve cover - my car is at 92k (but the gasket was the PITS)
4) DEFINITELY install the spark plug guides after the valve cover, this was way way easier

And lastly, a concern - I managed to break the plastic tip that the vacuum lines go into (the piece right next to the airbox) as the lines were brittle. In retrospect, I should have just cut them and worked off the remainder from the plastic tips. Instead, I managed to break one - which means that I now have an open vacuum line in my car that goes nowhere and my turbos do not give me enough pressure.

Can anyone help point me to a DIY that may involve replacing the vacuum lines or this part that they "plug" into? Not even sure of the part number, I cannot find it on Realoem.
Appreciate 0