View Single Post
      07-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

GP Thunder 8500K H8 Install Hell...

Just installed my GP Thunder 8500K. Very pleased with the results daytime and nighttime.

However...this turned out to be a PIA install. What should have been less than 5 minutes...turned into 45 minutes.

My right side OEM H8 came out with a simple turn and I installed the GP Thunder within 1 minute. No problem.

Went to the left side...popped the cover off...went to turn the OEM H8 and it felt jammed so I had to forceably unscrew it.

Went to install the GP Thunder and for the next 40 minutes I could not get the freakin' GP Thunder to match up with the housing. I thought it was just because I had larger hands and had to work it in with two fingers (no jokes here).

After enough time had passed I unhooked the GP Thunder from the wire harness and compared it to the OEM bulb.

Sure enough...one of the metal supports on the GP Thunder was larger than the OEM and this was the reason it would not seat.

So I pulled out the metal snips and trimmed at least 1/8 off. Went back to seat it...wouldn't fit. Pulled it again...trimmed another 1/16 off...this time it fit.

Anyone else have an issue seating their GP Thunders?

SS