View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #96
trjn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92, F10, F15

Great review delmarco.
The confusing part is, in the product description it says it can record with motion detection but in Q&A part they mention its wont work when the car is parked (off). If there is a constant source of power, I think the camera should work with motion detection when on car battery power.
I know its too much of asking, but if possible could you test with constant ON source when the car is off delmarco? Possibly in a controlled environment where you have access to jump the car or have a battery charger handy. Please dont kill your battery. I would not want to be blamed for leaving you stranded in parking lot.
Only reason I wont be getting this camera is the lack of parking mode(if it really doesnt work). I think I will go with the mobius cam which has that feature (there is a DIY in the forums). But I like the harness idea and wifi so I wont have to go to the fusebox and deal with extra USB cable. If I can find an always ON wire on the dome light and get hold of the harness (or the plug type for the said always ON connector), I will connect it to power magic pro (to stop draining the battery) and leaving that feature on. I am more concerned of people hitting the car when parked, happened to me twice already.

PS: back up cam DIY is also there in the forums. I already got the parts, just waiting for a good time to finish the install. Installed the camera but havent connected it to CIC and get coded yet.

Last edited by trjn; 03-27-2017 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0