View Single Post
      03-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #255
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonP View Post
Hi David, fantastic thread! A lot to digest but I think I'm ready to take the plunge and try it out this spring.

I just took delivery of an '06 325i, Sparkling Graphite. Now, I know the dealer said they did some cleaning/ detail work on it and I'm in the process of finding out exaclty what was done as I wouldn't want to over-polish the car. The car has been in service for 2.5 years and there are the usual minor scratches around door handles and trunk lid. Also, I noticed swirl marks for the first time last night under the moonlight and street lamps.

I am definitely leaning toward the Zaino products as I only want to do this one/ twice a year and durability is key. Given the imperfections I noticed and mild swirl marks, I assume I'll need the orbital, cutting pad (orange or yellow?) and a heavier polish? Just wanted to find out what's the best action to take in this case and of course if anything else should be done to address the minor scratches.

Thanks for your time and help!

Cheers,
J
Congrats on your new ride. I have no extra info to offer, to be honest. Just try to follow the guide. Start with the least aggressive pad and polish and see if it removes the swirls/scratches. If not, step up to something more aggressive. The Porter Cable 7424, Menzerna polishes, and Lake Country pads available from eShine.ca (Ontario based) will do the job. Zaino is a good choice for sealing the finish.
Appreciate 0