02-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #91
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post
hey guys

So the other day completely my fault i left the cap off my passenger headlight and went through a car wash ( forgot it was off doh!!) moving forward took it apart found it full of water and frozen thanks NJ.

Turns out the ballast was no good so i sourced a a new ballast and installed inthe lower passenger light great i have a my headlights again but still have adaptive error. However i am no longer showing the headlight down error in dash only side to side now.

So i have now ordered a new SMC from ebay hope to try it tonight. I'm guessing it will need to be coded but im crossing my fingers it doesn't.

Next question since i have owned the car i have never seen the inner light light up or noticed them turning on when turning. I had no error indicating them not working before my mistake. i can't find a solid answer on how to test them as well

and lastly anyone willing to help me code and wants to team view with me to show me
We can code them or remove the error all together for you.

Do all of your low/high beams work, and does the other side move when you turn the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0