Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan1972 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Ok. What is the original month and year of your car? I don't know what year frm3 is from but let's say you have a original build of 07/07, and it originally had a frm2, when you go to code the new frm3 it will put frm2 files on a frm3 or it won't and you'll get an error. The same goes for the smc modules. If you have your vo set to a different year then what your car is it could be writing the wrong files to your module. I had this issue becuase I left my build date to lci during my cic retrofit. I hope this makes sence
Maybe that is the problem then. My original build date, going by the door sticker, is 02/11. The FRM is not that, I think it has the date I installed it or something, so like a month ago. So do I need to remove something from the VO and add something? I'm assuming $0211 ?
Yes that's the build date.
2007 335XI SEDAN // JB4 G5 // BMS METH KIT // VRSF DOWNPIPES // AFE DCI // ER CP W/ TIAL BOV // MMP SILICONE INLETS // XHP STAGE 3 AT FLASH // TREBILA BEF // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // FUEL-IT STAGE 2 LPFP // VRSF FMIC // PRECISION RACEWORKS IGNITION SYSTEM // CATUNED COILOVERS // CIC AND COMBOX RETROFIT //
Appreciate 0