Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo G View Post
Would rather pay a little more $ p/hour and know that the team working on my car isn't going to overlook one nut or bolt.

I'll trust a select few indy shops with certain repairs, but not having them do larger repairs and or aftermarket installations.
I have had dealerships forget multiple fasteners causing my vehicle to break down on the side of the road. They are the highest $/hour and are the 'experts' on the vehicles working on them exclusively. Just because you are paying more does not necessarily mean you are getting a higher quality install of car parts. Just something to consider.

Personally, I prefer to turn my own wrenches, that way there are no missing parts...or use well known shops with good recommendations if I am in a rush or turning wrenches is a PITA because of life.
First of all, the only reason I would take my car to the dealership is because of a warranty related item. The stealership may have good mechanics here and there, but for the most part half of them don't care or give a sh!t. So I totally agree with you. Turner is in a different league...more experience and expertise than probably any dealership in the U.S. Turner has solely worked on BMW's since day 1 and have a pretty awesome reputation with the aftermarket community.

I, like you, love to do my own work. However, after getting relocated for work and now living in the city with no garage...it really prevents me from being able to do any work. So now Turner Motorsports is the only facility that's will touch my car.