View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #11
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

Quote:
Just an Fyi. The mileage displayed isn't actual. You'll see that it'll stall then drop 1k miles then stall and drop again etc. Typical rule of thumb I've seen among BMW owners who do a mid interval change is about every 7k actual miles regardless of what the CBS says. Also the CBS won't adjust the interval based upon your change. Remember your using an oil which is ACEA A3/B4 so it's built to handle high heat and long drains. This isn't Castrol GTX.
When I first picked up the car in Munich, the display read 14k miles. Soon afterwards, it dropped to 13k, not unlike what you say. When I had the Performance Power Kit installed at ~3,800 miles, it dropped immediately to 7k, then shortly dropped to 6k. One of the reasons for the additional analysis was that I was concerned about why the halving of the recommended interval after PPK installation. Note that the analysis states that no ill effects were found, such as increased unburned gasoline in the oil, etc.

Any thoughts on this?
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0