View Single Post
      04-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #109
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appropriate View Post
Interesting. I told my sales-lady that I wouldn't get my hopes up (because it seemed like 10 days was a more possible optimistic probable outlook than 7 days after seeing the stuff on this board). Guess we'll find out.
Have you ever driven from Denver to LA?? If so, how long does it take?? I have never done it, but I think a truck could/would do it in 2 days and 1 night, do you think? The unloading and VPC processing only takes two days (when everything is going well), but for the trucking company to get it all together, especially if you live off the beaten path and/or your dealership isn't a high-volume dealership, it can take some time. So, a big time sink can be filling a truck to go to Denver, or Salt Lake, or Phoenix, or Seattle, or wherever. They won't send a truck on its way unless it is full. One guy on one of the threads I was on lived in a small town in central CA and it took FOREVER for him to get his car. I think it took two weeks, just because he was off the beaten path.

Just a couple months back, a BMW ship arrived at PH on a Wed and, believe or not, a guy in Seattle got his car that Saturday. I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately, he was one of those people who couldn't take delivery of his car because there was no service tech to inspect it on a Saturday. He had to wait until Monday. It was so painful for him. I told him if it were me, I would go to the dealership, ask to have access to the car, sit down in it, read his manuals, get to know all the knobs and buttons, take pictures, take all the time in the world, and he did! It wasn't a perfect situation because he couldn't drive it, but it beat sitting at home on his computer just dreaming about it. I do that anyways in my garage, whenever I bring a new car home.
Appreciate 0