View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
ddas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Daytona Violet M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTek Will View Post
Again thank you guys for your willingness to help. What are some of the questions you ask and information you tell customers to both understand the condition of their paint as well as what they want to get out of a detail. Where are my salesman that can strategically sneak in an upsale ? Because at the end of the day, business is business and if you can make an extra 50 or 100 bucks on a day where you know you dont have anything to do after that job, that is 50-100$ extra you get today rather than tomorrow. Anyways, love to hear your guys' thoughts!

Let me begin by saying I do not have a traditional approach to sales. In short, I don't look for ways to increase the cost of a bill/service.

My approach starts with asking a client to describe what they don't currently like about the car and what they do like. I ask for them to give me a rating of how great a job they are looking for, knowing that the prices goes up with the number, 1-10 how perfect they want whatever is being done.

This information is not used as a means to increase the bill. It is there so they can communicate to me what is important to them. Then I can begin to work up a process that will fit their needs and budget. Sometimes this means I must redirect someone from a service that is beyond their budget. Sometimes I get to direct someone to a service that is less expensive than the one they thought they needed and sometimes it means they learn that the service they are asking for is not enough to meet their needs.

The bottom line should always be this:
What do they really and truly need to leave them satisfied with the service you provide? It should never be about how you can run up a bill. This is how you build a business built on trust. You will have clients that refuse to use anyone else because they know you will always attempt to guide them down the right path, not the most expensive one. These factors do not mean you sell a price point. It means you sell an end result.

The price is such a small factor when you consider what a person really wants to be satisfied with a service. It is this simple. Time is money and if someone wants it cheap, they are asking for little time to be invested and should expect a quickly done job that looks like it. There is no fast way to provide an amazing detail job. Do you want to be associated with cheap work that looks like it was done fast? Or do you want to be associated with quality?
Appreciate 0