View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #2711
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
I grew up watching Miami Vice, and wanted a Bren Ten like Sonny Crockett's from the moment I first saw an article about it in Guns & Ammo. Some folks here may know the tragic tale of Dornaus & Dixon, and I've accepted the fact that I'm more likely to own a white Ferrari Testarossa than I am one of the roughly 1500 Bren Tens ever made. But I guess I never scratched that 10mm itch over all the years, though I'd been close on several occasions.

I enjoyed shooting my Springer 1911 so much after I bought it, that it sparked the idea of adding Colt's legendary 10mm to my lineup. So after doing some research and deciding that I wanted one of the latest Deltas with all the modern bells and whistles, I picked one up off Gunbroker for a song...

First impression: my Springfield LWCO is definitely better constructed, but the Delta Elite is a pretty pistol with those brushed flats and matte rounds (too bad I'm not a better photographer to show this off).

Second impression: Damn, 10mm ball is expensive! Ultimately, I ordered some target ammo from Freedom Munitions.

Shooting impression: The Delta shot great right out of the box. I was expecting it to be a bit of a beast, after all the things I've read about 10mm Auto, but Colt's dual-spring system kept it quite tame. Of course, I doubt the range ammo I was shooting was comparable to the hot stuff that exists out there, but I was pleased with how easy the gun handled. Overall, I was very pleased with the purchase and happy to finally own a 10mm and my first Colt! (I'll own a Python one day...one day.)

Appreciate 3