View Single Post
      01-30-2023, 01:53 PM   #25
OriginalFake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I've seen this blurb. Call it semantics if you want, "hoping"... "thinking it would be cool" etc. I wasn't going in expecting it. I'm not going to come away disappointed if I don't get seat time in other models. But I don't see anything wrong with asking the question. I'm glad you were able to do it twice but expecting those who haven't had the opportunity to do it yet to know the ins and outs of exactly what happens that day based on one sentence and not have additional questions (which, let's be honest, is a bit vague... which X vehicle is it on the off-road course? How "similar" will the vehicle be - will I get to drive a 6MT similar to mine? Are there other cars i can drive? See where im going with this) is a bit unreasonable.

As far as the REAL reason behind it, it doesn't take a genius to recognize the marketing opportunity for BMW regardless of if one has done it or not. Marketing opportunity and building brand loyalty is what ALL of these experiences are about regardless of if it's BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche. If a customer learns the limits of their purchased car, all the better.
That's all fair. Like I said, I clearly had better communication than you all did when I signed up for it. I knew exactly what to expect months before I was there. As far as it being vague...does it matter which X vehicle you drive on the off road course? That part is just a bonus to picking up your car. The first time I went, it was an X5 and the second time it was an X3 but it depends on what is a part of their fleet at that point. That's why that part is vague. As far as your vehicle, all you're promised is similar. When I took delivery, the RWD M240i wasn't a part of their fleet yet so I drove the xDrive version. I think they do only have automatic vehicles so you're probably correct about that.

And of course it builds brand loyalty...there's no denying that. But they also go out of their way to stress the education part of it. Whether you buy into it is another thing. I mean, we're more educated than most of the people who take delivery there nine times out of ten but that doesn't stop them from really driving that point home. That's all I'm saying.
Appreciate 0