01-30-2023, 02:04 PM   #28
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFake View Post
That's all fair. Like I said, I clearly had better communication than you all did when I signed up for it. I knew exactly what to expect months before I was there. As far as it being vague...does it matter which X vehicle you drive on the off road course? That part is just a bonus to picking up your car. The first time I went, it was an X5 and the second time it was an X3 but it depends on what is a part of their fleet at that point. That's why that part is vague. As far as your vehicle, all you're promised is similar. When I took delivery, the RWD M240i wasn't a part of their fleet yet so I drove the xDrive version. I think they do only have automatic vehicles so you're probably correct about that.

And of course it builds brand loyalty...there's no denying that. But they also go out of their way to stress the education part of it. Whether you buy into it is another thing. I mean, we're more educated than most of the people who take delivery there nine times out of ten but that doesn't stop them from really driving that point home. That's all I'm saying.
You probably did. My CA had never gone out to SC to do the experience himself so he didn't really know the ins and outs of it either.

As for which X vehicle - it doesn't matter (to me at least), I was just making a point about ambiguity.

Anyway, all I can say is, whatever happens that day, I'm beyond excited to do it. At the end of the day it's an experience centered around one of my bucket list cars, and nothing can ruin that (even the rain in the forecast).

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1