First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Ian:

The reason why I was asking you to come to me was because I wasn't comfortable with the installation of the bulbs. I wanted to avoid damaging my car. I did significant damage to the frame surrounding my overhead lights trying to get to them. Also, while I was installing the LED's in the footwell, the LED's short circuited and sparked sparatically. Instead of providing me additional help with the installation, you merely send me a link to your website which provides a very brief and half fast installation guide. No where in your installation guide does it say to disconnect the wiring harness from the bulb housing to avoid sparking.

If you designated me as your test car, don't you think it would be a good idea for you to be present for the tests? So you can learn first hand whats wrong? Seems pretty obvious? I guess saving money on gas is more important then perfecting your product?? ( By the way, I would never ask any of my customers to perform hardware installations on their own, they are not qualified and would end up doing more damamge then good. I always travel to them no matter where they are.)

Regardless, this post is going nowhere. I don't want my money back, I want my LED's to function properly. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the discount you gave me. Why do you think I started promoting your products to fellow forum members and I asked for nothing in return? This is how I show my appreciation.

Again, this is nothing personal, strictly business. Please send me another batch of LED's when they are available. Upon receipt, I will send you back the set I have right now. I will continue to keep the community updated as events unfold.
Umm...I read most of the posts....and I don't usually voice my opinion...but...

Since you are asking for help installing the LEDs shouldn't you be the one to drive to Ian's shop not the other way around? Even though you're the guinea pig you were compensated by getting a discount on the product were you not? I'd be estatic if the vendor was willing to do the install for free if I drove to their shop....having them drive up to your house to do an install for free is IMO an unreasonable request. Almost like asking you to come over to my house to cook me dinner if i received a bad meal (only giving this analogy because you said you're in the restaurant industry).

If you're now unwilling to go through their trial and errors I would definitely accept their offer for a refund and buy a set that is guaranteed to work. Like you said....as bmw owners we expect the best......and usually have to pay a premium for it.

This of course is just my opinion....plus I may not have the whole story...dunno why I got worked up on this....

Regardless....Good luck resolving your issue!!