View Single Post
      05-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #3
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

They don't check ANYTHING. I've registered cars in TX before, their inspection is such a joke and carries a flat fee of like $7, so no one wants to do it and will make up any excuse not to. Took me a few days of trying before realizing this is the case so I asked a guy at pep boys who would do it without giving me some BS reason that they don't want to, regardless of cost. Had to pay an extra $6 as basically a bribe for the guy to actually do the inspection. This seems to be par for the course. Was a line of cars waiting to pay their $13 for the 'inspection'.

Inspection itself involves things like "turn your headlights on" and "press the brakes" while stopped. You don't have to get out of the car and if its even REMOTELY safe to drive, it will pass guaranteed.

Best excuse I got was "it's raining so we can't test the brakes" (wasn't even actively raining but roads were wet)....not that the brakes are involved in this inspection in any way shape or form. I was blown away by the apathy--dude basically told me "it's raining so I can't be bothered to go outside for 45 seconds and do my job"
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0