View Single Post
      05-24-2021, 06:14 AM   #5
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOkilla View Post
Awesome, that’s great news. Thank you for the detailed response! I kept everything on my car but put the cats back on in case they do emissions testing. I kept my car registered as a non-op until I move so I didn’t have to tear everything off my car because of California’s insane rules.
Yeah...when you're coming from CA to other states you'll be blown away by the vehicle testing process. Automakers make cars for california (largest US market) and then adapt them for the other 49. CA has about 2/3 as many driver's licenses to registered vehicles, TX is more like 3/2.

I'm considering registering in Montana for my cars in the future. Seemingly impossible to hot smog an OBDII car these days, and the workarounds seem like more trouble than it's worth for a CA plate. Pre 2000 you're golden, 300 bucks and a VIN and you have your smog. E9x....absolutely fucked. Enjoy the lack of regulation in Texas. Don't love the state but certain things are way better than over here.

Anyways, swap your DP's back on and tune it. TX won't check anything, I promise. Such a joke getting my e39 reg'd there; I kept the CA plates on the whole time since TX tolls don't have a mechanism for charging out of state plates. I went 95 following a TX state trooper from San Antonio to Austin once, almost 100mph the whole hour.

They won't even pop your hood. You could have a top mount 6466 and no one would ever know.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0