View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #18
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

I'm kind of interested in the pistons - they look like they are probably a longer skirt that stock? And looks like thicker ring lands to deal with the boost. They are probably heavier than stock though (same with the rods). What are your thoughts on machined caps vs cracked caps? I guess you just deal with it with bigger bolts?

Can you post a comparison of weights, and maybe something about how you're honing (or machining) the bores of the N52 block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Forged pistons and connecting rods?!?! Would this be an upgrade available to us non-turbo dudes to be able to run more compression on revised tunes?!?!
We already have forged rods - they are just designed to be super light (cracked cap, tapered small end, etc). These are made to be strong to take boost pressure - but they will most likely be heavier than stock, and maybe not the best choice if you want N/A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Good stuff! I'm more curious about that crazy 8000+ RPM N52 you guys had... no info at all on that setup though, not on the youtube video either.
That was the same engine they boosted - it was all stock internally.
Appreciate 4
Phil@BPC464.00
Noir883.00
Eagle1oh7286.50
TGSN_30.00