View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #412
dabeez85
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram View Post
I had the same exact issue with my 07 335i. Just installed the unit yesterday and could get the right side lined up enough to get the screw lined up but not the left . Turned out after pushing and cursing for an hour I pulled the unit out and could see on the bottom Left corner where the unit was touching from me pushing on it. Got out the dremel and cut that section out It was small but enough for me to get the screws in. 4x4 swore up and down the unit would fit .....it did after I trimmed inside the Dash.
I appreciate the info. AVIN has been less than responsive, and when they do respond they just keep sending me links to their support page, which I’ve already read through.

I like the looks of the unit, but overall I don’t know that I could recommend it. My sound through Bluetooth is not good. It’s tolerable, but not good. If I use my phone as a hotspot and run the Spotify app from the unit, it sounds great. I guess that’s what I’ll do most of the time. I’m having an issue with getting Apple CarPlay to work, so I’m still trying to hash that out. It’s sounding like I am going to have to do some trimming to get it to mount properly, and I’m not a fan of that. AVIN customer service responded maybe once every 2-3 days after resending requests multiple times for support while troubleshooting some issues.
To be fair I’m not very handy when it comes to stuff like this, so maybe my questions and issues seemed silly to their support team. Advertising it as simple plug and play and OEM fitment hasn’t turned out to be the case for me.
Appreciate 0