rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Thanks for sharing, I thought I was the only one in this situation. In my case, I had exchanged midpipes for a MAFless headers tune in Aug 2018. I followed up in Sep 2018 as the tune I received did not work with headers and needed revisions. It's now almost Nov 2019 and I have yet to receive the revised tune.

I sent Chris/Bimmerlabs another email; I truly appreciate everything he has contributed to our community and hope that he can deliver the promised tune. Consideration has been exchanged afterall...
I think you guys are expecting too much from him. He's given so much to this community and asked so little in return.

While I don't know the specifics of these purchases, I'm pretty sure he's charged well below market rate, more of a token fee than anything. After all, he's not really advertised tunes for sale, yet he has access to great N52, GS19, S52, N54 files that are all very sellable.

He's probably over extended himself and could be burning out just a little.

I continually use Bimmerlabs for what's its meant to be. A tool for tuners. It's extremely usefully for helping me create tunes for my E85 and now my E89.

I was hoping he could expand Bimmerlabs to help create map packs for other TCUs via scripts. He was close but seems to have gotten a little lost helping other people.
Appreciate 3
lab_rat394.50
tlow982188.00