10-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #12
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
I refrained from commenting on these topics with Bimmerlabs, but I feel it's time to share the entirety of my experiences - the good, the bad, and the ugly - with Bimmerlabs and Chris below:

Firstly, I fully recognize their hard work in moving the N52 community forward by offering an easy to use and free 330i software flash for the 3-stage manifold conversion. That is a huge contribution and I am not discounting that. Bimmerlabs deserves huge credit for this and rightfully so.

On the other hand...

I purchased a $300 USD custom tune (for MILVs and headers) from Bimmerlabs back in the May of 2018. Off the bat, I had a serious driveability issue with the initial version delaying the throttle pedal for a solid 2-3 seconds after changing gears, sometimes even while already cruising. I reported this issue in July 2018.

It took multiple emails and follow ups to get updates on whether a fix was found. Not until I asked for a refund on September 12, 2018 did Chris immediately begin to work on a fix and it was resolved by September 18. Funny how that works...

Over the next few months I was having issues setting my OBD2 monitors ready, and Chris was very helpful in identifying some possible issues. Chalk one up for good support in this instance

He also mentioned he's working on an updated tune in January. I thought that's fantastic that they're offering it to a previous paying customer. Two more months passed, and I never heard from them again - even for an unrelated inquiry.

All my emails were ignored and I gave up around March/April of 2019. At least the car drove well enough and without problems, and I put this entire issue to bed.

Even when things went well, it would take multiple follow up attempts to get a response even though he would continue to post on these forums during these time periods.

I understand this is a hobby/side venture for Chris. However, there really is no justification for this basic lack of communication with the dozens of unanswered emails over the course of all the above interactions while continuing to actively post on these forums.

I emailed Bimmerlabs just this past Friday about a separate issue with a 2FA4 code from flashing a friend's 07 328 to the 3 stage manifold tune.

No response yet either, although it's only been two business days in this case. I'm not holding my breath though...

That's my $0.02.
What was your fix in getting your OBD monitors ready? I'm having similar issues with my car with the BPC tune that I got right before Bob left. I have inspection coming up in January. I could only have one not ready but I have 2.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0