View Single Post
      04-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

Installed: Riss Racing Catless Down Pipes!

Thank you again to Anthony, Adam & Daniel @ Riss Racing! Last night was my 1st time meeting Anthony & Adam in person & it was a pleasure, these guys are great! I arrived around 5:30PM for a DP install & ended up hanging out at that shop until about 10:30PM..I didn't want to leave but I had work in the morning! Their new shop is great, it's still a work in progress but it's coming together really nicely! They told me their next plans for the shop & it'll be sick once it's done. Nice waiting area w/ a TV & wi-fi for customers so you can hop on E90post.com while installing your RR mods!

If you only like reading technical reviews w/ data logging & proof of dyno numbers, please don't read this review. I haven't had the chance to dyno it yet & my review is based on how I feel driving my car, which is REALLY HAPPY NOW! & that's what's important to me..I'm not here to prove anything to anybody, just trying to help people members who might be interested & don't want to hear it from a vendor

My car: E90 335 | 6SPD manual

Down pipes: Catless, ceramic coated. 3" - 2.75" - 2.5" for maximum consistent air flow. It's truly a beautiful design..

Quality: 304 stainless steel. PERFECT fitment, no adjustment necessary, direct bolt on. Tig welded & absolutely beautiful welds!

Sound: WOW, now my car FINALLY sounds like what I've been wanting her to sound like.Yyou can finally hear the turbos spooling which is something I've been missing coming from the Evo. You almost forget these cars are turbo'd because they're so quiet..It really sounds incredible, & surprisingly, it's not an obnoxious loud that just annoys you & other drivers.

Feel of the car: I'm not even sure what to say, it doesn't feel like the same car! I took traction half off & I gave the car full throttle from a dead stop & I got completely side ways, it was amazing! I took another guy who was at the shop last night around the block(he has a 1 series) w/ full RR exhaust & we both got out of the car w/ smiles from ear to ear, he couldn't believe how fast my car was, we hit 100mph like it was nothing.

I'm also getting no CEL w/out an o2 sensor!

& here are some pics(more pics coming) of the install of the downpipes:

Last edited by nlakind; 04-03-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0