View Single Post
      05-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #50
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz72 View Post
It's probably not gonna be a popular opinion, but it just seems to me to be simply badge snobs and elitists making up their own rules regarding what's cool and what's not.
I don't think many of us would deny that. I certainly don't.

Quote:
So its OK for BMW to put 4 ///M badges on my wheels, 2 on my kick plates, one on my steering wheel and god knows where else on the car? But I would not in this groups' eyes be allowed to put one on the boot without making myself a 'clown'?
You got it. If it leaves the factory with the badges, that's ok. If badges are added, that's clownage.

Quote:
Are those who add M3 style lip spoilers, carbonfibre trim/ancillaries or CSL rep alloys (E46) to their cars also to be ridiculed and called clowns?
Can't answer that one, I don't have any modified trim on my car...I believe the lip spoiler isn't an "M" part though, it's a BMW Performance part...someone please correct me if I am wrong...

Quote:
So what's so wrong with them advertising to the rest of the world that their car is an M-Sport?
You don't need an ///M badge to show that your vehicle is an M-Sport, the body-kit and trim will already show that.

Finally, don't take it too personally!! It's just forum banter, people can do whatever they want to their cars...(it's great laugh for the rest of us!!).

Like I said in a previous thread (maybe earlier in this one), I saw a really nice 330i come up my road the other day, ruby black, SE trim with 230 wheels and a cream interior...looked great but on the back there was a nasty ///M badge and I think it just ruined the look of the car from an understated sleeper to a lary douche-mobile. Just IMO though...
Appreciate 0